Sunday, September 25, 2011

And Baby makes THREE..... well FOUR including MAXEY!

Hola amigos! No you are not hallucinating, I am actually blogging again! No I did not fall off a cliff or lose my internet for the past 6 months I have flat out been too dang lazy to update this blog! As many of you know Max announced to the world that he is going to be a BIG BROTHER in March and all of us couldn’t be happier!!!



I have to say this whole pregnancy thing is not nearly as glamorous as I had envisioned! I will spare MOST of the details but I will say that I was one of the lucky ones to be sicker than a dog for my entire first trimester! Baby bee kicked my tail from week 5 to week 13- HOLY BABY! As weird as this may sound those 8ish weeks are literally a blur, probably because my life consisted of crawling to work half dead, making a permanent imprint in our couch and knowing more about the toilets in our house than I ever cared to! I am so happy to announce I am not nearly as serious with our thrones these days, thank you baby bee you are one tough cookie! So one thing I do remember during my hurl-a-thon was being overly entertained by my weekly pregnancy updates, particularly how they measure the little babe in food. We began the journey with a little poppy seed and we are now loving on a sweet little peach! I think the only fruit that sort of freaked me out was when I was leisurely reading an update and they compared the baby to a grape, meanwhile I am mid chew on a grape, I don’t know why but I spit it out! So I am in mid week of my 15 week adventure and I have entered into the “you don’t look pregnant but you do look a little fat” stage and I’m not so sure I’m liking it! Thankfully my pants, knock on wood, are still fitting but I am all ready with my handy dandy belly band! I guess I always pictured myself having a cute little bump right away but that is definitely NOT the case. My tummy is still straight down flat but it looks like I have inhaled a few air tanks. I have officially stopped running which makes me sick even typing that. My doctor, unlike any other doctor in the world, preferred I didn’t run. I decided I would run for a few weeks but once the hurl-a-days rolled in my running dreams were flushed down the toilet. Now that I’m starting to feel better and I am actually walking around during the day (this is a big step) I see all these runners and I can’t help but secretly hate them! I miss my long runs jamming out to my latest mix daydreaming about winning a race. Now I walk at what feels like a negative speed just trying to keep some tonnage in my legs who were basically elevated on a couch for 2 months! I think the first day I actually stepped out into the sun my eyes went into a state of shock, almost like I’ve lived underground since July! Well, I will spare everyone the dirty details of trimester 1 but I will say I am on the mends I am now ready to LOVE being pregnant! Here is my 13 week belly picture. I will try and post another one this week for 16 weeks.
Have a great Sunday my loves!!!


           13 weeks- Sept 8, 2011


~alisa

No comments:

Post a Comment